As a small charity, the DPC at Deptford Mission is reliant on the generous funding that we receive from charitable grant-making organisations, local churches, companies, and individuals.
Ways to support us
- Donate online through Charities Aid Foundation - enter our charity number (1123390) to locate us.
- Donate gifts to sell in our charity shop, The Well, which raises funds for the work we do.
- Ask your employer to add us to their Payroll Giving scheme.
- Send us a cheque made out to 'Disabled People's Contact'.
- Remember us in your will.
- Hold your Corporate Team Building Day here, sorting donations in our charity shop, or undertaking a DIY project. Contact East London Business Alliance (ELBA) to arrange.
- Donate tinned and dried goods through harvest festival donations, or individually.
- Volunteer with us - Click here to see our range of **Volunteering opportunities**
- We also publish a newsletter which we send to our supporters up and down the country, keeping people in touch with recent news and ways to support us. Contact Maria, our Fundraiser at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
How your support helps
Without the donations and grants that we receive, our work would not be possible.
We impact the lives of around 40 day centre members, providing a sense of community, relief from isolation and access to trips and activities which provide stimulation for mind and body and help to keep people healthy and to maintain independence.
At the same time we offer volunteering opportunities to around 45 volunteers, many of whom have been long-term unemployed, have mental health difficulties, or have learning disabilities. Our volunteering program provides a sense of self-worth and the experience necessary to secure future employment.
We would not be able to do any of this work and make the difference to as many people's lives were it not for our generous supporters.