Ways to support us
Volunteer with us - Click here to see our range of **Volunteering opportunities**
As a small charity, the DPC is reliant on the generous funding that we receive from charitable grant-making organisations, local churches, companies, and individuals.
- Donate online through Charities Aid Foundation - enter our charity number (1123390) to locate us.
- Donate online with Paypal using your credit or debit card
- Donate via text message through JustTextGiving. Text DEPT13 followed by a space and then the amount you want to donate, to70070, for example DEPT13 £10
- Donate gifts to sell in our charity shop, The Well, which raises funds for the work we do.
- Ask your employer to add us to their Payroll Giving scheme.
- Shop online and raise money for the DPC through easyfundraising.org.uk
- Send us a cheque made out to 'Disabled People's Contact'.
- Remember us in your will.
- Hold your Corporate Team Building Day here, sorting donations in our charity shop, or undertaking a DIY project. Contact East London Business Alliance (ELBA) to arrange.
- Donate tinned and dried goods through harvest festival donations, or individually. For donations from churches, please contact Melissa Quinn at email@example.com
We also publish a quarterly newsletter which we send to our supporters up and down the country, keeping people in touch with recent news and ways to support us. If you would like to receive this newsletter, either through the post or via email, please contact Maria, our Fundraiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your support helps
Without the donations and grants that we receive, our work would not be possible.
We impact the lives of around 40 day centre members, providing a sense of community, relief from isolation and access to trips and activities which provide stimulation for mind and body and help to keep people healthy and to maintain independence.
At the same time we offer volunteering opportunities to around 45 volunteers, many of whom have been long-term unemployed, have mental health difficulties, or have learning disabilities. Our volunteering program provides a sense of self-worth and the experience necessary to secure future employment.
We would not be able to do any of this work and make the difference to as many people's lives were it not for our generous supporters.
We are continually seeking funding to support our work
We are grateful for the support we currently receive, we are always looking for new funding opportunities and support in different forms.